Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are these still "cool"?

When Terry and I left we informed people we would start a blog to keep them updated on our lives and travels. Clearly, we're on top of things. After 7 months here, we're finally starting the blog. I didn't really want to start a blog because I'm not a very creative/good writer. After reading a couple friends' blogs and seeing their cute pages, I decided it's something I should try. Before I could actually write something, I needed to design our page so it looks less.....blah. Do you know how long that takes??? There are SO many different sites that offer backgrounds! Holy moley, talk about overwhelming. To add to that, I wanted to find a background that wasn't too girly. I mean Terry would have to look at it and occasionally write blogs too. After looking at backgrounds for about two days, I realized boys don't decorate their blogs and Terry doesn't really care what it looks like, so really, I can do whatever I want. Once the background was selected, I had to make sure the layout was PERFECT. The blog text can't go into the margins, stickers have to be centered, etc....boy, this is taking a lot of work. Then comes the actual text, the part I dread. I'm just not a natural writer and there are always grammatical errors in my writing. So after I write, I have to check for correct tense, punctuation, and the other fun things. I, however, am not going to check this one. I am already overwhelmed with the whole process and frankly, this is a test entry so I can work on my layout. I promise when the 'real' entries start, I'll check my grammar. That's all for now!

~Jessica

P.S- I just discovered the different font options.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, Jessica. I think you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete